Leaves / Time Off from Work
Employees may have the right to take time off work because of their own illness, the illness a family member, or for pregnancy/childbirth. Employees also may be able to take time off work because of special circumstances, such as military duty or domestic violence.
Check these fact sheets and resources for information about your rights and steps you can take to protect them. If you need further information or assistance, contact our Work & Family Project.
Fact Sheets and Other Self-Help Tools
- Paid Family Leave printer-friendly version
- Family/Medical Leave: Your Own Serious Health Condition printer-friendly version
- Family/Medical Leave: Pregnancy, Prenatal Care, Bonding
- Family/Medical Leave: Caring for a Family Member printer-friendly version
- State Disability Insurance: An Overview printer-friendly version
- Hiring a Labor or Employment Lawyer printer-friendly version